Salmon and Broccoli Pasta
Updated: Mar 10, 2019
Most Australians don't eat the recommended about of seafood. I find pasta one of the easiest and most versatile dishes. This serves 4 people.
1 fillet fresh salmon
1/2 cup of basil pesto
500g of cherry tomato
1 Tbspn olive oil
2 cups broccoli
1. Pre-heat oven on fan-forced 180 degrees Celsius. Spray a cooking tray with oil and place salmon on the tray. Cook salmon for 15 minutes or until cooked all the way through. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain.
2. Put the olive oil in a frying pan and heat for 2 minutes on a moderate heat. Add cherry tomatoes, and continue cooking until tomatoes start to burst - remember to stir occasionally!
3. Heat a pot of water until boiling. Add broccoli and turn down heat. Cook broccoli for approximately 3-5 minutes, so broccoli is cooked but still a little crunchy. Drain water.
4. Add pasta to the broccoli, stir in basil pesto.
5. Break salmon into large chunks and add to pasta, stir through gently.
6. Plate pasta and add tomatoes. Top with a small amount of Parmesan cheese if desired.