Raspberry and Peach Swirl Muffins
At the market the other day I found a bag of peaches for $3! What a score! So I decided to play around with cooking with peaches (which I would otherwise consider too expensive to risk!). First up, I made these delicious peach and raspberry muffins. Don't worry - you don't need a bag of peaches to make them!
- 1 peach
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 table spoon honey
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 80g margarine
- 1/2 cup milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and prepare a muffin tin (either coat muffin shells with margarine or use paper muffin cups).
2. Cut up peach into large chunks, add to a bowl with raspberries and honey. Use a stick blender to blend into a sauce. It doesn't have to be super smooth, as long as its mostly blended.
3. In a large bowl, sift the SR flour, then add the brown sugar, eggs, margarine and milk. Mix together until it forms a consistent batter.
4. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups/shells, be careful not to overfill them as you still need room for the sauce, so between half and three quarters full should work.
5. Add a table spoon of the peach and raspberry sauce to each muffin shell/cup.
6. For each muffin cup, use a knife or fork (or the end of a spoon) to gently stir the raspberry sauce into the batter. Be careful not to overdo it - you should still be able to distinguish the raspberry and peach from the muffin batter (the muffin batter shouldn't just look pink all the way through).
7. Bake the muffins in the oven for approximately 20 minutes or until you can stick a knife into the mix and none of the batter mix sticks to the knife when you remove it.