I tried this salad at a restaurant once and I fell in love with it! I've been looking for an easy recipe ever since. I finally made this recipe, it's quick, easy and (even if I do say so myself) quite delicious!
This feeds two people.
- 3 cups chopped lettuce (cos lettuce seems traditional but I've used iceberg and it was just as nice)
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 3 tomatoes, chopped roughly
- 2 large wholemeal pita breads
- 1 third cucumber, roughly chopped
- 3 sprigs mint
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- olive oil
- lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven on grill. Place the breads on a tray, lightly cover the breads with a small amount of olive oil, then sprinkle a decent amount (1/2 tspn each bread) of the sumac on the breads. Then toast them under the grill until browning and crisp.
2. Mix the salad ingredients together (lettuce, radish, tomato, cucumber, and spring onion) and tear up the larger mint leaves and add them in.
3. Add ~ 2 Tbspns olive oil and ~ 2 Tbspn lemon juice in a small bowl or cup, and add ~1tspn sumac. Mix together.
4. When you are ready to serve, break up the breads into large chips, add them to the salad and mix in the dressing. Enjoy!